Having plumbed the depths of Hong Kong (and a bit of Chinese) legal history, Hong Kong Lawyer's legal history quiz will now principally focus on common law and Asian jurisdictions.
1. When did the constitution of the United States of America come into force?
2. What year was the Hong Kong Basic Law enacted?
3. Which of the following countries have renounced war in their constitutions?
A. People’s Republic of China
C. South Africa
D. The Philippines
E. Costa Rica
4. The current Constitution of the People’s Republic of China was enacted in what year?
5. The Magna Carta was signed in which year?
6. Which of the following jurisdictions does not have a Bill of Rights?
C. United States of America
D. Hong Kong
7. The current constitution of which country was drafted in a foreign language and then translated into the official language of the country?
C. South Korea
8. The People’s Republic of China enacted its first Constitution in which year?
9. Which country has an unwritten constitution?
A. United Kingdom
B. United States of America
10. The current constitution of the Republic of China makes provision for the election of delegates from Mongolia to the National Assembly.
Contest Rules: To be eligible to win a bottle of Ch. La Croizille 2007 from Global Vintage Wines Centre, please send your quiz question answers to email@example.com. The first reader to respond with the most correct answers, with no more than 3 incorrect responses, will be deemed the winner. The decision of Thomson Reuters regarding the winner is final and conclusive.
Congratulations: We would like to congratulate Kelly She, Vice President, Barclays Capital Asia Limited, the winner of our Legal History Quiz #20.