This month we return to a mixture of legal history and trivia for our quiz questions.
The questions have been prepared by Douglas Clark, Barrister. Suggestions for questions to appear in next month’s journal are most welcome.
1. Which Chief Justice of Hong Kong was buried at sea?
A. John Hulme
B. James Russell
C. Atholl MacGregor
D. Denys Roberts
2. The wife of which 19th Century Attorney General of Hong Kong is buried in Hong Kong?
A. Thomas Anstey
B. William Meigh Goodman
C. Julian Pauncefote
D. John Bramston
3. How many times has the Basic Law been interpreted by the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress?
4. True or False: In 2007, a former judge of the High Court was convicted of fraud.
5. What is the minimum number of judges that may hear a case in the Court of Final Appeal?
6. Who holds the casting vote in the Court of Final Appeal?
A. The Chief Justice
B. The judge presiding over the hearing
C. No one
7. Which of the following people may carry a firearm on the Star Ferry while on duty?
A. A police officer
B. A revenue officer
C. A member of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army
D. All of the above
8. What is the maximum financial claim allowed in the Small Claims Tribunal?
9. How many times per year must a swimming pool open to the public be emptied and cleaned in Hong Kong?
D. Every month
10. Which of the following professionals may be registered as civil celebrants in Hong Kong?
C. Notaries Public
Contest Rules: To be eligible to win a bottle of Ch. La Croizille 2007 from Global Vintage Wines Centre, please send your quiz question answers to email@example.com. The first reader to respond with the most correct answers, with no more than 3 incorrect responses, will be deemed the winner. The decision of Thomson Reuters regarding the winner is final and conclusive.