The State Administration for Industry and Commerce (‘SAIC’) has announced that the Trademark Review and Adjudication Board (‘TRAB’) will publish on its website most trade mark review decisions within 20 business days after delivery.
On 15 December 2017, the SAIC announced that from 28 December 2017 all trade mark review decisions of the TRAB will be published in the "Review decisions" section of its website within 20 business days after delivery, except where public disclosure is prohibited under relevant laws and regulations.
The TRAB is an independent administrative body responsible for handling disputes involving decisions by the Trademark Office (‘TMO’), which is responsible for trade mark registration and administration.
- The following TRAB decisions will be published:
- Decisions rejecting review of a TMO decision.
- Decisions involving review of a TMO decision to refuse to register a trade mark.
- Decisions involving requests for a ruling of trade mark invalidity.
- Decisions involving review of a TMO declaration of trade mark invalidity.
- Decisions involving review of a trade mark cancellation.
- Other decisions involving a final adjudication by the TRAB.