The rule of law is a core value of Hong Kong as well as a cornerstone of the city’s prosperity. To uphold this value and safeguard our system, the Faculty of Law is instrumental in nurturing not only members of the legal profession but also committed community leaders. Through the 6-episode TV docudrama “A Legal Journey” (現身說法), co-produced by RTHK and the Faculty of Law as one of its 50th Anniversary celebration activities, let us trace the journey of local legal education in the past five decades and how it has contributed to the legal system and the rule of law in Hong Kong and rose to the challenges of a rapidly changing environment.
To mark the occasion, a Premiere of the programme was held at JC Cube, Tai Kwun earlier, which was attended by Professor Xiang Zhang, President and Vice Chancellor of the University, representatives from RTHK, members of the profession, many friends and alumni, staff members and students.
“A Legal Journey” will be aired on Sunday at 8:30 pm from March 24 on RTHK31; and on Wednesday at 6 pm on TVB Jade from March 27 for six consecutive weeks.
HKU Faculty of Law: https://50.law.hku.hk/a-legal-journey/
Professor Xiang Zhang, President and Vice Chancellor of The University of Hong Kong giving the welcoming remark.
Professor Michael Hor, Dean of Law presenting souvenir to Ms Canace Lam, , Head of General Programme from Television & Corporate Businesses, Radio Television Hong Kong.
Professor Johannes Chan SC (Hon) giving the vote of thanks.
1. Mr Kelvin Tang, President, The University of Hong Kong Law Alumni Association
2. Professor Albert Chen, Former Dean of Law
3. Professor Michael Hor, Dean of Law
4. Ms Canace Lam, Head of General Programme from Television & Corporate Businesses, Radio Television Hong Kong
5. Professor Xiang Zhang, President and Vice-Chancellor, The University of Hong Kong
6. Professor Lap-Chee Tsui, Former President and Vice-Chancellor, The University of Hong Kong
7. Professor Peter Rhodes, Former Dean of Law
8. Professor Johannes Chan SC (Hon), Former Dean of Law
9. Mr Thomas Tse, President, Law Association, HKUSU